Areas of Expertise
- A Senior Systems Engineer with more than 20 years of IT experience in the Banking, Financial and Insurance Industries, operating under the ITIL and EFQM frameworks.
- University of Surrey Masters of Science in Telematics (Telecommunication and Computer Engineering) 1997 – 1998
- UMIST Bachelors of Engineering in Electronic Engineering 1995 – 1997
is a Senior Systems Engineer with more than 20 years of IT experience in the Banking, Financial and Insurance Industries, operating under the ITIL and EFQM frameworks. Yiannos is a certified Project Manager in PRINCE2 Methodology. He has strong knowledge in Data Center and Infrastructure design and build (on premise, cloud and hybrid), disaster recovery systems, High availability infrastructures (virtual and Physical), Server Applications and PowerShell scripting and has worked as an Enterprise Administrator for Banks having branches in 7 countries employing in total over 8500 users and now provides support to insurance companies, banks and Airlines.
Yiannos’ noteworthy assignments during his career:
- Member of the Design, testing and implementation team for Migrating the Cyprus Popular Bank from Windows 2000 operating system and Active Directory to Windows 7 and Windows 2008 R2 using the Zero touch deployment. Project which was publishes as a case study by Microsoft.
- Migration of more than 300 physical windows servers to virtual, including numerous Microsoft High Availability Clusters.
- Design and Implementation of Cobalt Air highly available Hyper-V server infrastructure.
- Supervised the design and implementation if Cobalt Air highly available Network infrastructure and IP telephony.
- Design and implantation of national CSIRT VMWARE infrastructure.
- Extensive experience in cloud survives, implanting and Supporting customers’ Office 365 and MS Azure tenants.